Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | seadra.eth 1.500 Ξ | 804.eth 3.000 Ξ | machamp.eth 1.750 Ξ | ALL

eth.photos landing page concept

Started by sean3.eth, August 11, 2023, 09:08:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sean3.eth

Let's move the whole discussion were having (https://eth.loan/forum/index.php?topic=21778.msg62492#msg62492) about using a name.eth.____ page as a landing page for ads/affiliate links, etc here.

This is the concept. It pulls the avatar, website address, and bio/description of the ENS user. In this case I've made them an ad for Jeremy's Bike Shop

URL here: https://jeremysbikeshop.eth.photos/

The next question was about whether or not it could show domains that person was selling and I would have to figure out a way to get that from an aggregator but in the meantime, it could tell you if that name was for sale like this page: https://onlinebuyer.eth.photos

domainer

"The landing page is your report card. If 100 people land on that page they vote by clicking on a link or not. If no links are clicked that means no votes were cast and the page failed the surfer, the parking company and the domainer. A negative result for everyone.

On the other hand if all 100 click than they all voted in a positive manner. When I hear about 2%, 5%, 10% or even 25% click thru's, I am stunned. 5%??? Are you kidding? Should be 50% as a minimum and much higher. It should even exceed 100% if you have a great page to match the traffic."

- Rick Schwartz (Source)

edENS

Quote from: SeanMCA on August 11, 2023, 09:08:35 AMIt pulls the avatar, website address, and bio/description of the ENS user. In this case I've made them an ad for Jeremy's Bike Shop

how much was the gas to set the avatar, website and description?

edENS

bump.

I have been thinking about how plain the page looks and wonder if maybe you should use chatgpt to generate written content for the page too, what kind of content i don't know, but anything that might dress up the emptiness a little bit.

sean3.eth

Quote from: edENS on August 11, 2023, 02:14:04 PM
Quote from: SeanMCA on August 11, 2023, 09:08:35 AMIt pulls the avatar, website address, and bio/description of the ENS user. In this case I've made them an ad for Jeremy's Bike Shop

how much was the gas to set the avatar, website and description?

url: $4.37
description: $4.28

sean3.eth

Quote from: edENS on August 12, 2023, 12:42:21 PMI have been thinking about how plain the page looks and wonder if maybe you should use chatgpt to generate written content for the page too, what kind of content i don't know, but anything that might dress up the emptiness a little bit.

I don't know about that one. If the fictional jeremysbikeshop.eth saw a page that had some of their ens info on it surrounded by weird stuff that wasn't related to their store, they might not be too happy about it being there. Maybe if it was like an opt-in or something

domainer

OH! I got an idea. WHAT IF you yourself load up pages with ads and you pay out any earnings to the owner of the .eth name. Then every page has more choices to click or at least some choices to click and people might be motivated to actually share the page around.

sean3.eth

Quote from: domainer on August 12, 2023, 02:27:57 PMOH! I got an idea. WHAT IF you yourself load up pages with ads and you pay out any earnings to the owner of the .eth name. Then every page has more choices to click or at least some choices to click and people might be motivated to actually share the page around.

That could be something maybe if done right. It should probably be an opt-in though, no?

domainer

Sean, how many ENS domains do you have? More than a hundred I assume. Maybe forget about other people for now. I understand what you are saying Prove this on your own domains. Make an automation where if it detects that the page is owned by your wallet address, it shows some of your own affiliate marketing links and stuff and that when all the bad loans you make default (haha), they will turn into affiliate pages for you that you can monetize. If it doesn't work for you then it's not going to work for somebody else because as far as I can tell outside of these conversations, there is little interest in this at all.

sean3.eth

Probably less than a hundred now. I let a bunch of really bad ones expire.

Example of a name that's for sale.
Link to buy it on ENS Vision, link to register a similar name on .art (which has ENS integration), and an ad/image for this site. It's live now.

sean3.eth

It won't let me attach 2 images in one post. So pasting the 2nd half below:

Example of a name belonging to me

Live loan listings right below the avatar that pops up.

domainer

Could be better but works as starting point. The concept here is that these pages are going to be found through Google and Bing, correct? That's the whole point of it? What in your opinion is the next step to get so many pages indexed. There's 3 million names. So first they hvae to be indexed in order for the small amount of people who do search to even find them.

edENS

if this works, do this for all my domains too! do you want me to share links around to one of these pages?

KHY Lending

be real. how much money is this all going to make? is this really worth the time and effort? this can't be it.

edENS

Quote from: KHY Lending on August 13, 2023, 06:56:43 PMbe real. how much money is this all going to make? is this really worth the time and effort? this can't be it.

That's why he's doing all the work while I just watch and comment lol.

NEW LOANS:   | seadra.eth 1.500 Ξ | 804.eth 3.000 Ξ | machamp.eth 1.750 Ξ | ALL