Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | machamp.eth 1.500 Ξ | seadra.eth 1.500 Ξ | 804.eth 3.000 Ξ | ALL

Live ENS Loans Data

Started by sean3.eth, August 15, 2023, 10:12:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sean3.eth

I was able to make a customized live list of recent ENS loans via Snowgenesis:

https://eth.loan/ensloans/

Note that Snowgenesis doesn't aggregate Teller loan data because as of right now Teller does not have an easy way to aggregate it. The highlighted ones in yellow are linked to my addresses (as the lender).

The date on the left is the date when the loan was made. The date on the right is when the loan is due. I haven't been able to figure out how to parse them in order of loan origination date. Just wanted to get up what I could. There's not a whole loan of ENS loans being made right now.

KHY Lending

Thank you for this. I find this slightly easier to understand than filtering on snow genesis myself. The market is dare I say...tiny... for this asset class as you assert. What does it mean for loans where the due date has passed but it still says "active"?

edENS

You should pin this link somewhere! Since there's no Teller loans on there, do you know how many ens domains Teller has made loans for?

sean3.eth

Quote from: edENS on August 15, 2023, 11:14:22 AMYou should pin this link somewhere! Since there's no Teller loans on there, do you know how many ens domains Teller has made loans for?

I don't know how many were against .eth names for sure. Last i queried their contract like 2 days ago, it said that they were up to loan id #458 so presumably thats' the total number of nft loans they've made. I don't how many were .eth exclusively. Up until the last month or two, they had a whole lot more kinds of nfts listed on their platform but it looks like they've consolidated it down to just ENS.

sean3.eth

Quote from: KHY Lending on August 15, 2023, 10:37:19 AMWhat does it mean for loans where the due date has passed but it still says "active"?

Oh, good catch. let me double check that is accurate. could mean that the lender didn't liquidate maybe. I'll go find out.

sean3.eth

Word on the street is that teller is working on a loan api. Woohoo!

edENS

Teller has made 458 loans total? how many of them were from you?

sean3.eth

Quote from: edENS on August 15, 2023, 12:41:26 PMTeller has made 458 loans total? how many of them were from you?

You know what, I don't know if that's the total. I know this is v2 of their contract so maybe that's just how many have been done on v2 so don't quote me on that. Overall, I've done 7 loans on their platform.

edENS

KHY Lending

Quote from: sean3.eth on August 15, 2023, 10:12:09 AMI was able to make a customized live list of recent ENS loans via Snowgenesis:

https://eth.loan/ensloans/

Did something break with this link or have there really been no new loans?

sean3.eth

Quote from: KHY Lending on August 21, 2023, 11:34:30 AMDid something break with this link or have there really been no new loans?

Unfortunately I think that's correct. 1 out of ever 2 ens loans across all platforms is apparently me lol. That's why I'm saying this is all either going to be an amazing idea or a really really dumb one.

KHY Lending

talk about taking a big risk here. on your homepage it says there's 7,000 .eth domains ready to be used as collateral between teller and nftfi. are we to believe that literally nobody wants to lend against them (aside from you ha ha)? What do they know that you don't

sean3.eth

Personally, I think that nobody wants to lend against them for a few reasons:

• There's an infinite supply of .eth names, as such there's no way to establish a universal floor price of this NFT type.
  • There's a lack of uniformity, i.e. infinity random words and numbers rather than 10,000 variations of X.
  • Lenders don't know what they are or what to do with them
  • They're not making headlines like BAYC, MAYC, PUNKS, etc for their value.
  • They have a shelf life/expiration date (which can be renewed but this is different from the rest

But personally, I feel that what the masses are currently using is more vulnerable because:

Value of digital art collateral is fleeting. The art is cool until it's not or until a bear market or until an influencer talks it down or something. It's a value based entirely on the optimism of the biggest holders. There is no utility to the collateral. It's not a truck, you can't drive it. It's not a house, you can't live in it. It's not a machine, you can't use it. It's not physical, you can't even hang it. It's not even a derivative tied to a real thing. It is literally just a digital visual representation of belief so that people can trade, which in my opinion, is completely nonsensical for a regular investor.

Digital collateral, in my opinion, has to be something you can use. Like I said, I could be totally wrong about all of this, but it's hard not to feel any other way. If you told a regular business person who didn't know much about crypto that you were lending against links to cartoon images as collateral versus domain names, which would they consider to be more serious?

NFA, DYOR. All my ideas are rooted in theory. I would rather have .coms as collateral than .eth, but .eth has its benefits. It's a real start.

KHY Lending

so instead of them all knowing something you don't, you think you know something that they all don't. 😉 just teasing!

NEW LOANS:   | machamp.eth 1.500 Ξ | seadra.eth 1.500 Ξ | 804.eth 3.000 Ξ | ALL